If you like your brownies on the cakey side then these aren’t the brownies for you.
If you like your brownies fudgy and dense then these are definitely the brownies for you.
They are my favourite brownies. And that’s saying something. They’re my go-to bake for birthdays, celebrations and just because bakes too. They’ve formed part of bribes, helped me to say sorry and made bad days so much better.
In short these have you covered for pretty much every occasion.
These gluten free brownies are ridiculously fudgy. Made with ground hazelnuts instead of flour and with both melted chocolate and cocoa powder they’re just like Nutella but in brownie form.
The trick to the fudginess is to let them cool for around thirty minutes and then pop them in the fridge. Leave them there for a good couple of hours, or longer if you can and the result is a gloriously dense, fantastically fudgy brownie. It does mean you need to plan ahead for them though. I usually bake these the day before we want to eat them and then try to resist their call from the fridge.
They’re best kept in the fridge too. Once they’re out, they take on a much softer form which is still lovely but not quite the same.
A note on the hazelnuts – I find it nearly impossible to find ground hazelnuts in the supermarkets near me so I buy whole ones and whizz them up in my mini blender. I grind a whole pack at a time and then I always have ground hazelnuts on hand for another batch.
And you will want to make another batch.
Fudgey gluten free brownies made with ground hazelnuts and two types of chocolate.
- 180g butter
- 200g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 200g soft dark brown sugar
- 75g ground hazelnuts
- 50g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 170c fan and line a 8 inch by 8 inch square brownie pan with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together. You can do this slowly in the microwave, in 30 second blasts. Stir after each turn and once the butter has melted keep stirring until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Leave the butter and chocolate mixture to cool.
- Pour in the eggs and stir well. The mixture will thicken slightly.
- Stir in the sugar and then fold in the hazelnuts and cocoa powder.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. The top will be domed slightly but this will sink as it cools.
- Leave the brownies to cool in the pan for 30 minutes and then pop in the fridge for at least a couple of hours, longer if you’re able to.
- Cut into 16 squares.
- Store in the fridge.
You need to plan for these slightly in advance as they do well for a good couple hours, longer if possible, in the fridge once they've baked. Store these in the fridge,
I’d love to know what you think of these so please leave me a comment below. And I’d also love to see you over on Facebook if you’d like to say hi.
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14829707/?claim=kvvbz67wke3″>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>